WELCOME

I welcome you to my blog, and I hope you find some inspiration from what I write, I welcome your comments. ENCLOSED IS AN E-MAIL FOR COMMENTS, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ARE WELCOMED.







E-Mail Address

Please e-mail me with your comments: jackgvl@aol.com

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Red, Read, Ready, Redd, by Benni

Isn't it odd how some phrases stay with you through life? One phrase frequently heard in my childhood was from my Mother. When we needed to straighten up our house, she would say, "Red up the house."

As a child I gave no thought to this phrase. I knew what Mom meant. In raising my child I questioned the wording and origination of this phrase. Did Mom mean red like the color red, read like I read a book, or ready like you need to get ready for school?

My curiosity of the phrase still wondered me. I questioned my sister Jan. Together we did research and discovered the word is redd.
The definition is: to clear, to tidy.
The terms redd and redd up came to the American Midlands from the many Scottish immigrants who settled there. Redd is still used in Scotland and Northern Ireland. In the United States it is especially common in Pennsylvania as the phrase, "redd up."

Entering into a personal relationship with the Lord, gave new meaning to RED, READ, READY AND REDD.

Jesus shed His RED blood so everyone's soul could be saved.

God gave us His word, the bible. This book of instructions
all through the ages, people have READ.

When we put our faith in God, trust Him explicitly and give Him complete control of our lives, we stand READY. Ready to leave this world and go to our eternal home in Heaven.

What joy and peace we receive when we let God REDD us up. He clears away the sin and tidies up our lives. Thank You Lord Jesus for the blessings of RED, READ, READY AND REDD.

No comments: