We have many areas of our life which we do not share with others, at least we think not. But infact we share quit a bit, not all but, we do share our thoughts and feelings. Our thoughts show through in our attitudes, our body actions and what we say. Our feelings are governed by our thought life too! We think that the thoughts and feelings are own, but indeed what shows through are like a reflections of what we are thinking.
God calls us to live a Godly Holy life (1Peter. 1:15-16), he was our example. To become as much like him as we can, which takes time and practice. We are to be reflections of him or the evil one. It does not happen over night. Who we were in our youth and middle years is not who we are in the winter of our years. That is, if we have taken the time to reflect and study ourselves and our thought life.
First, our thoughts control our actions and since that is the case we should prepare our day with positive clean thoughts. Ridding our mind of: selfishness, anger, hate, thoughts that demean ourselves and others, simply put, ugly negative thinking, some call it stinken thinkin.
Every day as we awake we need to prepare our mind and our day (2 Cor.13: 5). Get rid of any unpure thoughts, thoughts just show to others and make life very unpleasant for everyone around us. This will happen if we have accepted Jesus as our savior and then the Holy Spirit will be in our thoughts and will guide us, that is if we choose for that to happen. We have a helper the Holy Spirit, but we have been given the choice to make the decisions oursleves and then pay the consequences of those bad actions (boy have I paid). If we choose wisely time will renew our mind to a clean and pure mind (Rom 12:2), with good thoughts.
Clean thoughts lend to a pure and clean day. My grandmother Jenny most always had good thoughts, so she sang to renew her mind. I think it worked. I can still hear her singing, in the kitchen, in the garden, on the way to church, "The Old Rugged Cross" and many more. She was a good woman.
I wish everyone who reads this a pure heart, pure mind and clean daily thoughts.
WELCOME
I welcome you to my blog, and I hope you find some inspiration from what I write, I welcome your comments. ENCLOSED IS AN E-MAIL FOR COMMENTS, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ARE WELCOMED.
E-Mail Address
Please e-mail me with your comments: jackgvl@aol.com
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment