WELCOME

I welcome you to my blog, and I hope you find some inspiration from what I write, I welcome your comments. ENCLOSED IS AN E-MAIL FOR COMMENTS, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ARE WELCOMED.







E-Mail Address

Please e-mail me with your comments: jackgvl@aol.com

Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Three Basic Medaphors"

Jesus used three basic metaphors to get his point across, he was simple in his metaphors in able to relate to all people. He used salt, light and branches. Think about it if you read the Bible at all or have heard his stories, he told simple stories and most of them related to salt, light or branches. I looked up all three of these words in the Bible Concordance and there was so many I can not put them down. I leave that to you to research.

Salt; effects what ever it touches, as taste and enhances, heals and replenishes or withers things if to much and they die.

Light; shines on everything within its reach, it makes things grow, spread, or to see things.

Branches; extends the life from the vine to the fruit that is produced, it carries water and food to the fruit.

In verses I am familiar with from the Bible, we are the light of the world, the salt of the earth and God is the vine, we are the branches.

God want us to be the salt, the light and the branches for others. He prepares us to lead, to teach and to help others.

Something to think on.

God Bless

No comments: