Many Christians think that as a Christian, we should be sober and very controlled and stiff shirts.
Most of my Aunts and Uncles loved to play trick, laugh at silly things and torment each other. Many people think I am too serious, well they do not know my playful side. I laugh at the silliest things, I seem to see humor in things that others do not see. I find funny things in the animals, in little children and in nature. I find humor in just living and I think God intended this to be this way.
I was not there when Jesus lived on earth but I bet that he saw humor in things too. I do not think he was always serious. Jesus loved parties as well, he was very controlled, but he enjoyed his wine and we know that a bit of wine can make anyone silly.
Yes, I think that to see humor in situations is a gift from God!!! I read about dancing and jubilation in the bible many times. I think that God is not opposed to good clean fun and joyfulness.
2 Sam 6:14 is one example, King David danced with all his might before the Lord. In Verse 16 it says, David was "Leaping and Whirling".
Take time to Laugh (Eccl 3:4). Laughter is one of Gods greatest gifts. Laughter is joy from the heart and soul. Laughter is healing for the body. Never give it up even if you look foolish in the eyes of men.
A word of caution, do not laugh at another person, you can laugh with others if it is not about someone else. Keep it to good clean fun.
God Bless
WELCOME
I welcome you to my blog, and I hope you find some inspiration from what I write, I welcome your comments. ENCLOSED IS AN E-MAIL FOR COMMENTS, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ARE WELCOMED.
E-Mail Address
Please e-mail me with your comments: jackgvl@aol.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment