WELCOME

I welcome you to my blog, and I hope you find some inspiration from what I write, I welcome your comments. ENCLOSED IS AN E-MAIL FOR COMMENTS, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ARE WELCOMED.







E-Mail Address

Please e-mail me with your comments: jackgvl@aol.com

Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Riches"

Did you know that Jesus in his teachings talked about money more than any other subject? Check it out for yourself. Jesus knew that by human nature we are drug into the thought that money solves everything. The more we have the more we want. When we let money be the center of our life we fall away from Gods message and we in the end lose. Maybe what we had worked so hard to aquire and that we thought was the things we needed or wanted really was not what we wanted after all? What was it all for?

I am speaking from experience, I was doing quiet well from where I came from, but God was behind it and I forget that. I however, lost site of the fact that I had asked God to be with me and help me prosper. Because of my selfishness, along came some unscrupulous folks and God allowed them to take it away from me. I take full responsibility for what happened, for I did not give back to God as I had said I would, and then I even listened to some unethical people. Low and behold, I started to do the right things for awhile then allowed the downward spiral because I thought it was me that did it and I was so smart. Then it was all gone and I was back to square one. Riding high for awhile, but forgetting that it was not all my doing or my intelligence that got me where I was.

Because of the lose of insight and the lose of resources, I had to suffer great humility for many years. This caused me to become humble and to learn that riches are not in the possessions. I had aquired but in my relationship with God I had lost. I never did have many new things, but I did have what I thought was security. Well, nothing is secure except through Jesus.

I find Luke 12:13-15 to be a great reminder "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses. I have found that I can feel just as good finding a great buy in a high quality thrift consignment store, laundering it and hearing someone say how nice I look, where did you get it? Also, cleaning up and old item and making it look new again or making something else out of it. I do not have to spend a lot of money to get new and running up a bill to scramble to pay for.

"Our Daily Bread" says,"You'll hear a lot of advice about how to become rich. But only Jesus tells it to us straight. It's not about money. It's about the richness of our relationship with Him and the joy of turning our greed into generosity. --Joe Stowell"

Also, "The riches of this world are vain,
They vanish in a day;
But sweet the treasures of God's love--
they never pass away.--Bosch"

There are many dividends working with God!

No comments: