-----PSALMS 23:2
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
We mostly just say the words and do not think about what the words mean. At least that is what I have done for most of my life. Most of us are in a hustle bustle world and do not take time to pray, read or stop and rest.
My husband and I want to sell our house and move from where we are right now. We are in the mountains up 7200 feet, this is a resort area, in the winter lots of snow and we can not get out some times for several weeks. There aren not too many people here during the week. Most of the people come up spuratic and on vacations or to rest. My husband and I are retired now, but we remember when we were in the on the go rat race as most people are, but now it is different for us.
Now we are, for the most part, separated from most people most of the time. It seemed unusual for some time, but now it is rather natural. I think that God is saying to us that it is time we lie down in green pastures; and live by the still waters, we have a lake here. We do things when we want to do it and we rest when we want to. We have little distractions except for the TV, and the phone which we can control if we want.
As I see it, our young people are inundated with constant mental distractions; texting constantly, too many TV programs and games, the computers, I pods and other high technology. These are wonderful and useful gadgets and have their place, but they are for the most part taking up too much of our thinking time and not giving the brain the time to process the input. Too many people are just taking in information and not doing anything with it. People are becoming burned out on information.
If we are allowing God/the Holy Spirit to work with us, he said, "He makes me to lie down in green pastures;(rest and think), He leads me beside the still waters."(A peaceful place(quiet time). He restores our soul and leads us in His paths (v3).
I wonder how many of us have quiet time or are we on the go and busy 7/24?
WELCOME
I welcome you to my blog, and I hope you find some inspiration from what I write, I welcome your comments. ENCLOSED IS AN E-MAIL FOR COMMENTS, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ARE WELCOMED.
E-Mail Address
Please e-mail me with your comments: jackgvl@aol.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment