WELCOME

I welcome you to my blog, and I hope you find some inspiration from what I write, I welcome your comments. ENCLOSED IS AN E-MAIL FOR COMMENTS, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ARE WELCOMED.







E-Mail Address

Please e-mail me with your comments: jackgvl@aol.com

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"A BOWL OF SOUP?"

March 13, 2012

Today my lesson was about what I can learn from Jacob and Esau. The lessons do not change from their time to our time. Esau gave up/sold his birthright for a bowel of soup. He was hungry, he could not wait. He chose the short term benefit and gave up his right to the long term benefits. We often choose the instant rewards and give up our long term benefits. We often do not take the time to consider what we are giving up to get that immediate instant rewards. There for we go around and complain that we are not getting treated properly, life is not fair or many other complaints, which are excuses for our choice to take the instant gratification. If we will just wait on God and be patient; he will reward our waiting, time with him. We will learn his lessons and we will reap the long term benefits. Are we giving up our bowl of soup today, for our right to long term happiness? God Bless

No comments: