WELCOME

I welcome you to my blog, and I hope you find some inspiration from what I write, I welcome your comments. ENCLOSED IS AN E-MAIL FOR COMMENTS, ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ARE WELCOMED.







E-Mail Address

Please e-mail me with your comments: jackgvl@aol.com

Friday, May 21, 2010

"UNITY"

Unity means to unite or come together and stay together. Philippians 2:3 says "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit."

Today as I was reading the content of the lesson in Our Daily Bread,I could not help but think about this message. It was about the above verse, selfishness. Oh boy did that take me back through my life. I see much of my life that was not selfish, but much that had become selfish. My need to become someone and to succeed took over. It was important and good to do what I did, but the problem was when it went overboard. Where is the line to the right amount of ambition and conceit? The other thing I noticed was that in my day there was a book "Looking Out For # One". The book was a big hit and most everyone read it, I did not read it but the premise rubbed off on me too! It even went to the next generation and the next one. When will the selfishness stop.

The verse above is a good one to teach our children. It is about giving to others and that is what we should do. I should have learned these words and planted them in my being and perhaps then things may not have happened. Selfish ambitions cause selfish thinking or stinkin thinkin.

We need to progress but the I'll take care of myself and get all I want is not good. It is selfish ambition and it is off course. I know that that book, "Looking out for # One" caused the selfish thoughts to generate into selfish ambitions. Those thoughts grew and clouded the marriages of the day. Thoughts became the movement of the days and it was a bad movement. Many marriages were lost because of the selflessness of that thought process.

We are meant to look out for others and with their good will in mind, and not from selfish what is in it for me attitude. Believe it or not, the selfishness shows through and no one wants to be around that self centeredness.

When we look out for others with selfish intentions in mind we lose unity and the end is near to any relationship. A heart that is truly focused on others (rather than # One)will not be consumed with self" Think about it, where do you stand?

God's love is universal and is here for all of us if we ask for it and practice it.


God be with you!

No comments: